Niko first jumped on a board and started skating as a 1 year old and to everyone’s amazement he could actually ride. He hasn’t stopped since. He has won countless awards all over this great country of ours. And is continuing to grow as a skater. He has been fortunate to have met & skated with many pro riders who are his idols. For him, it’s all about the love of skating.
Name: Niko Howard
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Current Residence: Grayson, GA
Been a member of the Triple Eight team since 2007
- 3rd Place- Expert Street, King of the Groms Texas Jan 2012
- 3rd Place- Expert Bowl, King of the Groms Texas Jan 2012
- 1st Place- Dirty South Skatefest, Oct 2011
- 1st Place - Woodward Camp Mini ramp
- 2nd Place - Vans Warped tour ATL stop
- 5th Place Volcom Wild in the Parks Youngest to place in their series
- 3rd Place Playstation Am Youngest to ever place
- King of the Groms 3rd Place Intermediate Bowl MN
- Tampa Am Vert youngest to place in top 20
- 1st Place Bowl, King of Georgia contest
- 1st Place skatepark of Tampa, Street
- 1st Place Grind for Life Hazard County Mini Ramp 12 & Under
- Skated at 2 stop’s at Dew Tour in a Vert Grom Demo
How does a typical day in the life of Niko Howard go? I wake up, eat a little, and get ready for school. When I get home I try to get my homework done so I can go out and skate for awile, ride my bike with my friends and play. I also go to different skateparks.
What is the weirdest encounter you have had while on the road? When I was registering for Dew Tour and I looked to my right and there was Shawn White registering next to me.. I couldn’t believe it!!
Why do you choose Triple 8 for your protective gear needs? Triple 8 is the only gear that has ever lasted with me & it’s comfortable.
Words to live by? Never give up, always have fun, love your family.