Trey jumped on a skateboard for the first time at the age of 3 while on a family trip to one of skateboardings original hot spots, Venice Beach, CA. He now resides in Arizona where he’s become somewhat of a local legend among groms due mostly to his recent success tearing up parks. He started competing at 6. Trey loves to skate vert, but is making a name for himself in street as well. In the words of Trey, “I live to skate and skate to live”
NAME: Trey Wood
Hometown: Queen Creek, AZ
Current Residence: Queen Creek, AZ
Been a member of Triple 8 since 2010
*Invited participant for the 2012 X Games Big Air Competion at 11 years old.
- 1st Place Sony Big Air Triples Venice, Ca
- 1st Place Vert Jam, King of the Groms AZ Qualifier
- 1st Place High Air Contest, King of the Groms AZ Qualifier
- 2nd Place Expert Bowl, King of the Groms AZ Qualifier
- 5th Place Vans Amateur Combi Classic, Jan. 2012
- 2nd Place Silver - Vert @ 2010 California Games
- 3rd Place Bronze - Bowl @ 2010 California Games
- 1st Place - Bowl Best Trick/Vert Best Trick @ C.A.S.L.
- "Golden Ticket holder" for The King of the Groms finals (Qualifier @ Skatelab in Simi-Valley, CA DEC 09)
How does a typical day in the life of Trey Wood go?
School, homework, and skate. Rinse & Repeat
What is the weirdest encounter you have had while on the road?
I ran into two legends on the ramp, Lance Mountain and Christian Hosoi at Venice Skatepark. Surreal is an understatement
Why do you choose Triple 8 for your protective gear needs?
Love the feel and fit, along with the rubberized shell
Words to live by?
Go Hard or Go Home, and either way Chocolate Ice Cream EVERYDAY!